- March 2018 to March 2020 : Project Manager, LeadingIndiaAI (http://leadingindia.ai)
- June 2017 to December 2018 : Postdoctoral Fellow, Bennett University, Greater Noida, India
- October 2015 to May 2017 : Research Officer, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- October 2012 to September 2015 : Research Scholar, Bishop Heber College, Trichy, India
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Speech and Audio Processing
Research Problems of Interests
- Deep Learning Model Optimization (Low-rank Decomposition, Sparse Pruning)
- Object Detection and Tracking
- Geospatial Data Analytics
- Sentiment Analysis
- Text and Video Summarization
- Face Detection and Recognition
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Rajkumar Kannan, and Gheorghita Ghinea, "What do you wish to see? A Summarization System for Movies based on User Preferences," Elsevier - Information Processing & Management, vol. 51, iss. 3, pp. 286-305, 2015. (Impact Factor: 4.787)
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Rajkumar Kannan, and Gheorghita Ghinea, "Salient Region Detection using Patch Level and Region Level Image Abstractions," IEEE - Signal Processing Letters, vol. 22, iss. 6, pp. 686-690, 2015. (Impact Factor: 3.109)
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Rajkumar Kannan, and Gheorghita Ghinea, "Discovering Salient Objects from Videos using Spatiotemporal Salient Region Detection," Elsevier - Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 36, pp. 154-178, 2015. (Impact Factor: 3.256)
- Jeyakumar Kannan, A.R Mohamed Shanavas, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "TwitterSports: Real Time Detection of Key Events from Sports Tweets," Transaction on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 5, iss. 6, pp. 36-60, 2017. DOI:10.14738/tmlai.56.3729. ISSN 2054-7390. UK
- Jeyakumar Kannan, A.R Mohamed Shanavas, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "SportsBuzzer: Detecting Events at Real Time in Twitter using Incremental Clustering," Transaction on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 6, iss. 1, pp. 1-23, 2018. DOI:10.14738/tmlai.61.3861. ISSN 2054-7390. UK
- Jeyakumar Kannan, A.R Mohamed Shanavas, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "Real Time Event Detection Adopting Incremental TF-IDF based LSH and Event Summary Generation," International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 180, iss. 13, pp. 22-30, 2018. DOI: 10.5120/ijca2018916252. ISSN 0975-8887. USA
- Rajkumar Kannan, Sridhar Swaminathan, Gheorghita Ghinea, and Frederic Andres, "Movie Video Summarization- Generating Personalized Summaries Using Spatiotemporal Salient Region Detection", IGI Global - International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management, vol. 6, iss. 3, 2019, DOI: 10.4018/IJMDEM.2019070101, ISSN 1947-8534
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Deepak Garg, Rajkumar Kannan, and Frederic Andres, "Sparse Low Rank Factorization for Deep Neural Network Compression", Neurocomputing, 2020. (Impact Factor: 5.719)
- Ramadoss Balakrishnan, Rajkumar Kannan, Suresh Kannaiyan, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "Deity Face Recognition using Schur Decomposition and Hausdorff Distance Measure," 56th IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), August 2013, pp.1184-1187, Columbus Ohio, USA.
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Gheorghita Ghinea, Rajkumar Kannan, and Suresh Kannaiyan, "A Novel User-Centered Design for Personalized Video Summarization," 14th IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshop (ICMEW), July 2014, pp. 1-6, Chengdu, China.
- Rajkumar Kannan, Gheorghita Ghinea, Suresh Kannaiyan, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "MPRF: Multisupport Polar Region Features for Image Description," IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT), December 2014, Noida, India.
- Rajkumar Kannan, Gheorghita Ghinea, Suresh Kannaiyan, and Sridhar Swaminathan, "CLRF: Compressed Local Retinal Features for Image Description," The 8th International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition (ICAPR), January 2015, pp. 1-5, Kolkata, India.
- Chirumamilla Nandavardhan, Akanksha Telagamsetty, Sridhar Swaminathan, “Filter Flow-based Lightweight Approach for Motion Deblurring”, International Conference on Computer Science, Machine Learning and Big Data, Ambala, India, pp. 103-109, Sept 2020.
- Kritika Rupauliha, Aman Goyal, Aman Saini, Akshay Shukla, Sridhar Swaminathan, Multimodal Emotion Recognition in Polish, The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM), New Delhi, India, Sept 2020.
- Sridhar Swaminathan, Hari Krishnan Ganesan, and Radhakrishnan Pandiyarajan, "HRS-TECHIE@Dravidian-CodeMix and HASOC-FIRE2020: Sentiment Analysis and Hate Speech Identification using Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Ensemble Models", 12th Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation, 2020. (Rank 5 at Dravidian-CodeMix, Rank 12 and 9 at HASOC).
- Rajkumar Kannan, Sridhar Swaminathan, Chutiporn Anutariya and Vaishnavi Saravanan, "Exploiting Multilingual Neural Linguistic Representation for Sentiment Classification of Political Tweets in Code-mix Language", ACM Conference: The 12th International Conference on Advances in Information Technology (IAIT2021), Thailand
- Sridhar Swaminathan, "Improving Personalized Movie Summarization based on Spatiotemporal Salient Region Detection", 2015